Face exercise, similar to body exercise for major muscles like chest and legs is essential to prevent the sagging of skin and unsightly appearance of wrinkles. Exercise increases blood circulation, allowing for more oxygen and nourishment to reach the cells of your skin. This, in turn, leads to a more healthy complexion with fewer toxins and a better ability to absorb moisture.
Exercise techiniques for your face are also designed to stimulate collagen and elastin production in the middle layer of your skin, which gives you a smoother, more supple, tighter-looking skin.
To get the most benefit Lea London recommends a daily regimen of approximately 20-30 minutes a day five days a week. Additionally, it takes a good 30-90 days to start seeing results. While this may seem like a big sacrifice, when you compare it to the price of expensive creams, which only treat the top layer of your skin it’s really a superior solution with way more added benefit. Some skin creams can be toxic and work against you while plastic surgery makes you look unnatural and possibly deformed.
Check out 3 facial exercises from Lea London’s Facial Aerobics to get you started:
The V Shape
Benefits: Drooping eyelids, crow’s feet, eye bags and puffiness.
Good Alternative To Botox and eye surgery.
- Start by pressing both middle fingers together at your inner corner of your eyebrows, then with your index fingers, apply pressure to the outer corners of your eyebrows.
- In this second step go ahead and to the ceiling, and raise your lower eyelids upwards to make a strong squint, now relax.
- Repeat this exercise six more times and finish by squeezing your eyes shut tightly for 10 seconds.
The Smile Lifter
Benefits: Cheek lines and sagging skin.
Good Alternative To Lower face lift and fillers.
- Hide your teeth with your lips to make an ‘O’ shape with your mouth.
- Smile widely while keeping your teeth hidden and repeat six times.
- Next, hold your smile shape while placing one index finger on your chin. Then start to move your jaw up and down as your head tilts gently back. Relax and repeat twice more.
Benefits: Horizontal forehead lines.
Good Alternative To Botox.
- Place both hands on your forehead facing inwards and spread all of your fingers out between the eyebrows and hairline.
- Gently sweep your fingers outwards across your forehead, applying light pressure to tighten your skin.
- Relax then repeat this 10 times.
For an affordable full facial exercises course set to music check out Lea’s Facial Aerobics.